It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 13:00

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2006, 17:14 
Forum Member

hi
i am looking for some decent spots on the mornington peninsula between frankston and safety beach. i dont have a boat so i would only be shore diving. i can dive to about 10m and iv got a decent gun so if anyone knows any reefs around this area that produce fish then i would like to know of them.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2006, 09:11 
Fanatical Senior Member

Hi JC

Starting from Frankston, Pelican Point is a good area. Moving further south, try Mornington from the Pier to Fossil Beach. The rocks below Linley Point/Nunn's walk are OK but just be careful of the land based line fishermen. Mount Martha from Balcolme Point to Martha Point is OK but you're confined to a rocky strip and not much else deeper. The Mornington Peninsula guys can probably help you with Safety Beach since I haven't dived it. The key to all these areas is burley. Once you find a "fishy" spot, cut up a fish and see what comes in.

Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2006, 22:56 
Forum Member

thanks for the advice man i got a 33cm snapper today my first snapper ever i know its not huge but i was soooo stoaked cos i usually get nothin. it was a rippa shot 4 prongs through the head, i stoned it, who ever sed undersee guns are crap? my woodie is so dam accurate, i love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006, 02:27 
Fanatical Senior Member

Congrats dude! I remember my first snapper like it was yesterday. Was along the Great Ocean Road. Epic walk down to this dive site. 3 dudes had been fishing off the rocks all night. Had a bad of big salmon, couta and pinkies.
Half hour into dive and I see a snapper in a crevis. BOOM! The poor thing still had the hook in its mouth from the fight with a fishing rod! I was stoked! Wasn't even 30cm, but it didn't matter.
Remember the second one just as clearly. Before work I went off Point Lonsdale with a good mate Matt. Saw this pinky, dived, and slowely swam along the bottom until in range. KABOOM! All over. Only a small fish, but it made my day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006, 18:18 
Fanatical Senior Member

It was yesterday!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2006, 02:18 
Fanatical Senior Member

You wouldn't want to help this bloke out a little or anything would you?

JC, if Brett ever offers to take you for a dive, just keep in mind that he paints his toenails pink! Not that theres anything wrong with that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2006, 19:03 
Forum Member

lol thanks il remember that one. i might just stick to the bus then :D