It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:33

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Martial arts /mma
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 06:12 

Continuing on from the tattoo thread, Seems a few of us do it

TrentC I haven't ever trained at either of those but I might look into height as it may be on my way home from work

Post subject: Re: Martial arts /mma
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 13:19 
Fanatical Senior Member

Sorry I just couldn't help myself.....

Attachment:
MMA_demotivational.jpg
MMA_demotivational.jpg [ 59.4 KiB | Viewed 3122 times ]

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 13:48 
Fanatical Senior Member

Shouldn't it be where retards become tough guys.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 14:16 
Fanatical Senior Member

Greg wrote:
Shouldn't it be where retards become tough guys.

Some of the boys in the UFC have top of the rung qualifications, pretty lame statement from behind your keyboard. Alot of em would be earning more if they didn't fight!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 19:42 
Vic Records Officer

BUMP.......

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 21:15 

This thread has really taken off ;-)
Anyway back 100% health now so back into training next week, don't know what in going to do my quads/hammies have only got to grow one more inch before my normal jeans are skin tight on the thighs lol

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 22:25 
Fanatical Senior Member

Marmo. wrote:
This thread has really taken off ;-)
Anyway back 100% health now so back into training next week, don't know what in going to do my quads/hammies have only got to grow one more inch before my normal jeans are skin tight on the thighs lol

I have a similar problem with my undies! 8)

Me and a few mates get pretty much every fight so I'll whack it up here when we do, the more the merrier! Missed 143 but from all reports it was a very average night, have it but haven't watched it yet. 142 on the other hand........Awesome!

Check your PM's Marmo.

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 17:04 

without question, with no weapons, an mma fighter always has the advantage even if size a problem. never mind a equal weight class that would be a horror scene. a trained fighter even 170-180 lbs mma fighter will have a way with with a much larger street fighter even if he is jacked out of his mind, it wont matter to a point as long as both fighters are in the 50lb range of each other any more weight than that is considered unlikely. first off, lets just say the mma guy treads punches everyday with other fighters from his class, street fighter fighter throws punchs at someone a few times a year if that. mma guy body's is conditioned to be in a physical situation, in which a street fighter doesn't have, which is true , weight lifting strength or just natural raw man power is not the same thing. the mma fighter has the upper hand to close distance on any unskilled fighter no matter how good his hands are and is willing to eat some punches on the way in by blocking and slipping, the second a mma fighter closes distance, even a boxers hands are useless which is a historical fact, even with dirty boxing 80% of the time. trained grapplers 90% of the time always stop trained strikers dead in there tracks. now, the mma guy closes distance, he goes to his wrestling arsenal of weapons and chooses the best take down weapon for the position he is in. he takes down the fighter with ease "guarantee"..."the wrestler/bjj guy always will" while the street fighter is using stupid close distance punches landing on the top of his head that do anything except waste energy, which the mma guys wants and is laughing inside, the mma guy takes down the street fighter and puts him in a very dominant position using his bjj, now this is the scary part, people say a mma fighter is only trained to fight in a ring? the mma fighter at this point roughly puts the street fighter in a very dominant position, side mount position is a good example. now, he begins to work side control, smothering his chest , one arm under his neck and other elbow in his throat with a knee in his hip...." btw,its a very horrifying position to be in if you don't know what your doing lol" . now, the mma guy is allowing the street fighter to drain his energy supply on himself leaving the street fighter winded, mma guy didn't have to do a thing except keep position. now the street fighter not knowing what to do, only a mma fighter with training will know how to react to this. so , what does the street fighter do from here? he panics he tries to bite? nope. stick a finger in his eye? nope , not as easy as it looks. then finally hes defenseless, and the mma fighter has a full health bar....now if the mma fighter is a disciplined nice person, he would wait till his aggressor is completely winded allowing him to calm down, disarming his respiratory system, letting him know hes done for and if continues he will get hurt, allowing to get up and leave...or you have a typical guy who has had years of training, he emotionless, cage fights or no fights at all , it doesn't matter and has just had a bad day and doesn't care....now this a situation where the street fighter is in serious trouble and which could get the mma fighter throw in jail for a long time. to end this without question, a mma fighter just isnt a trained weapon in a cage, but is a walking human weapon of the streets of today. that scenario i just gave you guys was a typical mma fighter who specifies in grappling which is on average. i didnt even give a scenario where the mma fighter was stand up striking specalist as well as a great grappler. btw, muay thai in mma now is getting just as big as bjj, which is making fighters of today even deadlier the of yesterday. mma guy of today is the last guy a street guy wants to deal with. mma not to mention is like comparing a street fighter to a trained mma fighter is like comparing a standard soldier roughly a reserve vs a full time special forces solider that is trained with more advanced weapons and tactics. what street fighters dont understand is mma has been around since the greek days and it was the beginning of mma believe it or not, it was called ' pankration" and pankration was designed for Spartans who were to poor to afford a weapon and shield, and relied using his animalistic skills and ability to save his life in order to find his own weapon of his dead enemy. even back then that was considered street fighting. it later was turned into Olympic sport where greeks fought, using fatal ground striking tactics , submissions, and as we all know today is where greco roman wrestling had originated. they had submissions just like bjj except the only thing was there was no tap, lol every fight was to the death, do the math. mma is designed for the streets as well.i can say this though, if you have a great strength naturally from the street or worked out as a body builder throughout your years and decide to take up mma, just learning basics alone for the first 6 months will give you the advantage over many fighters in your class who may have been training for years, especially in bjj. they call it "bjj defense" which is taught to alot the the big and strong types and from what i was told it is nightmare for bjj practitioners and many mma fighters. the reason i know this is because i used to be a bodybuilder with a share of small scraps from past and now iv been in mma for a year, bjj/mma 3 times a week, mauy thai and western boxing twice a week. they wanted me to have my first fight after 6 months, but im still waiting a little longer. ill be honest , if had to fight myself now back then from when i started, id be in the hospital for a month, i thank my teacher and his student for all those beatings, now the team looks at me and my close friend as one of the two major G/P units. my weight lifting background definitely helped, but people need to understand weight lifting alone wont get you by in the fighting world, not even a inch. "walk in there with the right tools and a craftsman will show you how to use them.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 18:48 
Fanatical Senior Member

Do any bodybuilding comps ?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 21:08 

Do you even lift?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 21:37 
Fanatical Senior Member

I wasn't being smart mate actually interested as i have friends that compete...

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 22:20 

Nah no comps yet, lean my whole life then settled down and got lazy when I turned 19/20, put on heaps of fat got upto 104kg in under 3 years, then lost 32kg in 3 months, stayed at this for a while as I was training to compete in mma and at 6ft I was inbeteen two weight devisions so opted for the lighter one so I had a reach advantage, hurt my ankle and hand decided want to get into bb to get huge ;-) looking to compete in about 6 months as I haven't trained in about 3 months cruising at about 15% bf and 88kg, want to be at 8-9% and 100kg

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 10:56 
Expert Member (SFD)

Really enjoyed the material posted by Marmo, thank you for sharing. Very informative but was a little bit hard to read without breaks/paragraphs.

cheers

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:03 

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 15:05 

Seen Mark Kerr in 'The Smashing Machine' doco. Freakin' scary! Worth a look though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HRrEkKidi8