It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:39

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 11:36 
Novice Member

http://www.fishnet.com.au/forums/viewto ... art=70&f=7

some of the comments from these guys are an absolute joke. make me laugh.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 12:00 
Expert Member (SFD)

Yeah I've been following that... Spear-fishing is definitely not game fishing and Vise-Versa, but fishermen should be on the same side. Some fisho's commenting there really have no clue.

Correct answers $4.00
Dumb looks are still free

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 12:05 
Novice Member

yeah i have no problem with it not being game fishing, but to say "hes a fag and i hope he drowns" or something along those lines is showing how little they know. also the comment saying " Spearfishing is doing NOTHING to try and outsmart a fish to get it to bite. you simply spot your target and BOOM ! " Thats just ridiculous. id like to see that idiot try and stalk a snapper.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 12:22 
Expert Member (SFD)

I wish I had the skill to knock back beers while dragging a sharpened spoon on a piece of string. Instead I have to get my fish the easy way.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 15:41 
Expert Member (SFD)

Quote:
Jack (glad your name fits, as you really seem to know JACK about me or what i stand for)

You have obviously not read all that i wrote.

Spearfishing is NOTHING like line fishing, or more to the point GAME fishing. Game fishing is not about catching a 30kg marlin or 50lb line. Its about playing the GAME.. first trying to entice the bite, be it with a bait or a lure and THEN using the best line class suited to the fish to give it a sporting chance of winning its freedom DURING the fight.
THAT is what gamefishing is.
Spearfishing is not the same, its not even close. Its not close to any form of line fishing because there is no chance of setting the fish free one you blast a hole thru it.
If you cant see my point here, then i cant help you any further.
I know what spearfishing is like.
I grew up swimming, fishing, surfing and spearfishing every single weekend of my life along the central coast of NSW. From the time i have recollective memory, i can remember going prawning, catching beach worms, rock fishing, boat fishing, estuary fishing. I spent so much time in the water its not funny so there is no need for you to try and defend the spearos. Its nothing like line fishing sustainably.
I dont choose to go fill my boat with snapper. my fridge gets some stock occasionally when i get an abundance of bycatch or if i choose to catch a cod which does not happen that often.
I am not and have not said spear fishing should be banned. That would be a silly thing to say, but again, there is nothing sustainable about shooting a fish.
Hey, i still spearfish occasionally(which is stuff all) but i usually carry the spear more so for protection these days whilst checking out the beauty underneath.'
Occasionally, a nice trout may get in my way, but i still wont pop off all the great fish i see.

changa

LOL

Correct answers $4.00
Dumb looks are still free

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 20:28 
Expert Member (SFD)

I read through it and it makes me understand how little SOME fisherman know on the subject of spearfishing, and how stereotypical some of the views are. It makes me now won't to teach (or best inform) those with these strong accusations. Lucky fishnet won't accept my e-mail address or they might have some reading to do... 8)

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 21:39 
Expert Member (SFD)

wont except mine either! they should get the stats on how many tagged marlin are re-caught!they will get a shock

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 01:59 
Novice Member

been giving some of these numbnuts on the fishnet site the other side of the story for a week now and quite a few spearos are getting stuck in also.pretty lame to call a spearo afag hero for doing his thing,specially as most spearos i know fish also.ta woluff 8)

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 18:10 
Expert Member (SFD)

some one put a link on spearoz,those boys will give them a hiding

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 23:06 

Attachment:
Frisch et al 2008 Quant Comp of Spear n Line.pdf [546.96 KiB]
Downloaded 149 times

Have a read of this, very interesting paper.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 23:44 
Expert Member (SFD)

girlspearo wrote:
Have a read of this, very interesting paper.

Good paper. Cheers

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2011, 19:15 
Administrator

Good read.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 01:13 
Fanatical Senior Member

Ah!
Some of the bullshit coming from these people!

Some do spear massive marlin and sharks only
Leaving a tag and the fish thinking it has an itchy spot

I have been on a chartered line fishing trip and seen
"shit fish" thrown back with their air bladder hanging out!
Decky says just stab it with a knife so it can swim back down!

If you hook a marlin or any fast energy burning game fish
In shark infested waters chances are the toothys are going
To notice half a tOne of food that is way to nackerd to swim
Away thus catch relese feedshark...

Sorry just reading some of that pissed me off
I have had my whinge

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 02:18 

Classic uneducated comment >>>Its not frustrating in a sense, its just not fishing or anywhere near as fair. Spearfishing is doing NOTHING to try and outsmart a fish to get it to bite. you simply spot your target and BOOM !
Given that stalking etc is involved, but certainly nothing like stalking a trout in a stream for hours before tossing a fly and trying to get a bite.

I dont rember the time that it was this easy the week ends fish were easy to kill with in reason but neither were just simply spot my target and boom i had to take aim dive down to a reasonable depth and get ready for the fight if i didnt stone it oh did i forget that i was also doing it on a single breath of air. sorry they shit me with holyer then thou attitude i like fishing but that annoyed me.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 04:08 
Fanatical Senior Member

Just read through it all and that's fucked. These are the guys out there with us chasing tuna, squid etc nearly taking our heads off. Here I was thinking the problem was that they can't see us when really they're a bunch of redneck fucks! (some of em anyway!)

Is it on Spearoz?

Someone needs to get this changa bloke out for a spear! He's obviously never speared a day seriously in his life!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!