It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:46

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2010, 19:29 
Expert Member (SFD)

Jazzbox111 wrote:
the brown mullet wrote:
did you not watch the samba video jazz? the blokes doing it train for years,are super fit,try to do all the right things yet still end up dieing. and id be betting the bloke in that clip would have been breathing a special oxigen mix before doing that dive.As for wanting to dive 20m,you dont need to in vic so why try and find your limit? 20m dives will come in time just keep diving,the more diving you do the sooner you will be diving 20m. keep safe

PEAT WROTE!
There you go buddy - how does that fit on you? was a bit ago wasn't it? Doesn't really sound like you know one bit what you are talking about does it? In fact you sound like you are pretty fucken ignorant about the freediving/freedive training in general and are talking like I am even more ignorant than you. But I went to Thailand to learn to free dive didnt I? Why the fuck would I do that unless I gave a shit about it and had learned enough to pursue it? Why do you think I posted?: cause by far nearly all of you on this site KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT and the comments speak for themselves.

So, your comments are forever up on that post - in case you want a predictor on how things how things will turn out again a few months donwn the track. Me on the contrary, is a different story: I stood up for myself and no one will pick an once of bullshit right thought that whole post. Did you think wading through your and other peoples idiotic comments and lack of knowledge was fun when I was posting that? Is it fun for me now you think?

only got told about this horse shit post today! you are a dead shit PEAT! never claimed to know a thing about freediving unlike yourself PEAT! was simple stating a fact, and that being practice will get you to 20m! hope you come to a meeting PEAT!

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2010, 23:26 
Novice Member

I completed the beginner course with Total Apnea on Koh Tao in Thailand at the start of the year. It benefited me immensely and was well worth the cost. Almost everyone, with or without any previous experience, made it to 20m easily. Interpret that however you like...

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 02:27 
Fanatical Senior Member

Pete you need to pull your head in and listen to what a lot of the guys on this forum have to say. Brett and Murray are some of the top divers and spearos in the Australia, if you actually listen to what they have to say rather than getting defensive, you might actually learn a shitload (certainly more than in a short freediving course).

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 13:18 
Fanatical Senior Member

I would appreciate it if we could keep this crap chat on topic from here on in. Jazz has expressed his want to be a part of the club to me and has agreed to try his utmost to keep his posts topic specific. I would appreciate it if everyone else could do the same and will be dissappointed if anyone else feels the need to instigate any more crap. It will be interpreted as anti club behaviour and has the chance to make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry! :twisted:

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 20:36 
Administrator

Rhino wrote:
I would appreciate it if we could keep this crap chat on topic from here on in. Jazz has expressed his want to be a part of the club to me and has agreed to try his utmost to keep his posts topic specific. I would appreciate it if everyone else could do the same and will be dissappointed if anyone else feels the need to instigate any more crap. It will be interpreted as anti club behaviour and has the chance to make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry! :twisted:

You can get angry Rhino?

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2010, 17:53 
Fanatical Senior Member

You're poundin' at it like yesterday's beef. Booooring! (joke) I think there has been enough to and fro already and there is an ugly stale mate here. Lets just all be friends and I will keep my opinion to my self until we meet, as I am sure we will in the near future - when I can manage to get ahead in my study (not being sarcastic here either). I have been personally attacked, jeered at and copped a lot of bullshit over freediving (not spearfishing - which I have argued little about). I have gone out and pursued learning the techniques overseas despite the hostility and discouragement I met. Surely, you have to appreciate my position and cut me a respectable amount of slack, respect the fact that I am not a total idiot, respect what I have learned, the people that tought it to me and my right to defend myself. I do my best to engage with people in a non-demeaning way, so I would expect this to some also from people on this forum and from the club. I have also tried to act in a responsible way in terms of content re: minors that may be viewing the pages. But, like all human beings I can only take so much provocation.

Its too bad that this particular post has turned into this... I was hoping that I would be left as it was. It spanned about 2-3 months of thinking, preparation and reporting.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2010, 18:59 
Fanatical Senior Member

Start a new thread about it if you feel the need Jazz, I'd prefer it. That way I can get rid of this one and we can start fresh!

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2010, 19:45 
Fanatical Senior Member

Rhino wrote:
Start a new thread about it if you feel the need Jazz, I'd prefer it. That way I can get rid of this one and we can start fresh!

Just give me a chance to get some of the bits out of there that may be useful. I should be right by tomorrow night.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 21:01 
Expert Member (SFD)

i have been looking into doing a level one course in freediving apnea of course, run by the scuba schools international (ssi), i know there are only a few prereqisites (to witch i meet) but none say anything about breath hold, i know it is only level one but with my short breath hold (1:10 max) i was wondering if this would matter.

stephen

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 21:52 
Fanatical Senior Member

Where are you looking at the courses? Legendary were running a general spearfishing course recently.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 22:48 
Expert Member (SFD)

yer but i dident have the cash and found out too latley :cry: but i think i will do it with dive experence the shop in mentone :P

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 09:25 
Fanatical Senior Member

You're breath hold will be fine stevo. You don't go there to pass a test you go there to learn. You'll likely double that after the course.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 09:52 
Fanatical Senior Member

couldn't have said it better myself.

I am pretty sure Brett Illingworth runs 'first level' courses, from what I understand, and that is enough for all Victorian diving. Ask him about it. Seriously. I don't think any one will disagree.

You only want to do a proper freediving course if you are very serious about Bluewater or want to purely freedive.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 15:28 
Expert Member (SFD)

cheers guys i am not doing the course to dive deep but to get more breath hold and increase my under water time. :P
cant wate to do it

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 17:14 
Fanatical Senior Member

Do the course with Brett then, or do the next Legendary course, thats all you will need.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next