It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:36

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: bellarine
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 10:27 
Forum Member

any thought on the visibility in the portarlington area. heading down tonight and hoping do have a dive but with all the crap weather im not sure if it will be like pea soup there. the only thing im clinging onto is the fact the weather has been from the south which bombards the other side of the bay leaving port kind of protected!

any advice?

Post subject: Re: bellarine
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 10:34 
Forum Member

With North East wind thinks bad idea at portarlington cos the wind push the shit in that direction. Best location would be other side from Black Rock to Mc Crae but there was some raining might have flow some dirty into the bay? not sure.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 11:12 
Forum Member

Sorry i looked at wrong location yeah south wind... should be good for portarlington area.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 19:42 

Apart from a little bit of wind chop, corio bay looked pretty clean today (eg. could see the grass bed definition from my office) so hopefully that translates to "its okay" down portarlington way. We hit cerlewis last week with similar wind conditions and viz was probably about 5-8 metres. Shitty dive, didnt see anything apart from banjos and puffers, but the viz wasnt too bad :)

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 19:57 
Forum Member

ossk wrote:
Apart from a little bit of wind chop, corio bay looked pretty clean today (eg. could see the grass bed definition from my office) so hopefully that translates to "its okay" down portarlington way. We hit cerlewis last week with similar wind conditions and viz was probably about 5-8 metres. Shitty dive, didnt see anything apart from banjos and puffers, but the viz wasnt too bad :)

do you want to come for a dive with me and camskea tomorow?

we are diving around the peninsula somewhere........mid avo dive...

anyone else welcome to join us also....

mozzy

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 20:48 

Cant, sisters going away party. However late Sunday arvo (4:30 maybe?) I'm going to try and hit Queenscliff, weather depending. Welcome to come along. Looks like it might be okay along the front beach / between the piers.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 21:22 
Forum Member

Negative mate. Heading back to melb Sunday morning..... We'll be diving about 2 or 3 if you change ur mind.... But I'm here all the time and have been wanting to hit queenscliff with sOmeone so maybe we can dive next weekend.......

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 12:40 
Novice Member

Hey,

i'm new to Torquay and want to get a few trips under my belt. I've been up the Pilbarra spearing the last few years. I do 2 weeks on 2 off so if your up for a spear some time. Let me know. Cheers