It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:23

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 19:37 
Fanatical Senior Member

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 815wt_1344

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 12:12 

:cry:

Very sorry to hear it.

Looks like you've been more than honest in your description of the problems with it - can't help but think you may have undersold it with not enough focus on it's positive's, and in an online eBay auction I can't help but wonder if that might easily result in it being sold off for several thousands of dollars less than what it's actually worth.

It always struck me as a safe, seaworthy and capable boat in good nick.

Sure, there was the issue of restarting the motor when you first got it, but fairly soon after, we'd figured out what needed to be done to restart if it flooded, and the last couple of times I was on the boat with you, the motor was reliable as, and restarted first turn, every time.

Mind you, I guess that was a fair while ago now - has it gone downhill since? - don't recall there being compression problems with the 3rd cylinder.

Apart from that, most of the other issues are largely cosmetic (and that should be emphasized in the descriptions) and everything is still in working order - maybe you should alter some of the descriptions to something like "in useable order, (some minor repairs required to restore to perfect order)".

Hope you get most of what you spent on it back again.

Cheers!