It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:53

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Black Out.
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 02:06 

Hi guys please take the time to read this page im posting i will disclose the rest of the details at a later date please dont be foolish when diving it dangerouse and risky.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 6186970214

Post subject: Re: Black Out.
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 09:12 
Fanatical Senior Member

Another sad day for the diving community. I had really hoped we had seen the last of this. It must be heart wrenching for the family to lose someone in their prime.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 11:11 

he was taking any real risks, as i said will put more details up when more comes to light. only 2 divers know the whole story.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 12:26 

some good link to take a look at.
http://www.waundersea.com/forum/viewtop ... 985#p13985

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 14:18 

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa ... ar-albany/

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 16:08 

The day started like any other day Brad & Tom met at his place came via my house and picked me up. got my guns and gear on the boat, stoped and the fuel station to get food and drinks, then headed for the boat ramp. suited up and launched and left got to the first dive site of the day. we got in the moment we hit the water there was a giant blue Groper down there i loaded my gun as were brad and tom, brad yells that's toms so tom makes his first dive because it went into a cave to see if he can find it. comes up waits a few minuts and it comes out again. Tom dives down and fires right in the back of its head great holding shot. i dove down to try and get it of the bottom it was fighting to hard still, so brad give tom his gun so he could second shoot it, tom got his fish on the boat Brad was up there with him brad said you have never seen him smile like just grin from ear to ear just so happy had landed His OneFish. so they got back in we shoot some buffs for burly a group of small sambos showed up brad got one, we mucked around a bit more nothing so we deiced to move spots so Brad an me climbed in Tom was at the front waiting started to move in the direction of getting he looks down and see something as Brads pulling the ancore he had said to start the motor and get ready to go. so he dives down we are sitting on the top waiting for Tom to come back up. few minuts pass we start to wonder were Tom is has a resurfaced away from the boat has he come back up and gone down to get the fish out of a cave 15 mintus passes we haven't seen him so we get the closes boat in the area to get sea rescue to come out. while we went back to the spot we got back to the last known spot we saw him and Brad said jump in a see if you can see anything, So i jumped in the water just Fins & mask Brad chucked me my 1.4. in case i had to fend off a shark. so i swam over the bombie we were ancored to i could see a fish laying on the bottom 20mts away upside down and something white next to it. like a gun reel, so i got over the top of it and dove down to see what was going on. at about 8mts i could see what was going on. when i got there i could see the fish laying upside down the speargun laying on the bottom an Tom laying next to it. he was in 20mts of water. i came back to the surface and Brad said what did you find i just said Toms Dead he is laying on the bottom out of reach. i climbed back in the boat Brad sat down at the front quite. i sat down at the back with a bottle of water the other boat that was getting sea recuse came back and said they are on there way we told them to ring them again and tell them, we had found him on the bottom. sea rescue arrived with the local police we got onto the Niad and Paul got on toms boat. them a smaller Naid came out and picked us up and Paul drove Tom's Boat back to the ramp and he went back out with the Rescue boat again.
I would like To Thank Albany Sea Rescue, Albany Police, And Paul for holding it together for our sake there is not enough thanks in the world for the support we are been showed from our WAUC Family the Committee for checking up on us. i have been contacted by most of the committee.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 17:24 
Forum Member

This is awful news, very sorry to here it.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 01:53 
Fanatical Senior Member

Very sad, hate the thought of my family having to go through that loss! My condolences!

We're you the third person Saint or was that a quote?
Please don't take this as insensitive but do you know what the fish he shot was? Some fish are reknowned for causing SWB like the widowmaker etc?

The fish were blinded by overexposure to his pure awesomeness!

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 08:19 
Forum Member

Rhino wrote:
Very sad, hate the thought of my family having to go through that loss! My condolences!

We're you the third person Saint or was that a quote?
Please don't take this as insensitive but do you know what the fish he shot was? Some fish are reknowned for causing SWB like the widowmaker etc?

I'm also wondering the same thing? If you were the third person or a quote? Again sorry to here.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 11:57 

guys i wrote the story as it reads i found Tom on the bottom. the fish he shot was a Queen Snapper that he speared he shot it straight through the spine killing it instantley.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 13:13 

The adventure starts in our dreams
we dream of blue water teaming with life
we dream of the OneFish

These are the Dreams of Spearo's all around the world
all searching for the OneFish

Rest In Peace Tom may you find your one fish, in your enternal dreams mate we miss you.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 13:51 
Novice Member

saint you poor brave bastard

i shed a tear with you and all those who loved tom, i suffered similar loss a long time ago...

given he is, to the ocean, so the ocean can be given to you :cry:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 23:52 
Expert Member (SFD)

Thats not good saint, very sad news. RIP Tom

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 10:15 
Forum Member

Saint wrote:
The adventure starts in our dreams
we dream of blue water teaming with life
we dream of the OneFish

These are the Dreams of Spearo's all around the world
all searching for the OneFish

Rest In Peace Tom may you find your one fish, in your enternal dreams mate we miss you.

Agreed RIP.