PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 12:21 
Fanatical Senior Member

Here's what to do in the poll booths-->

Attachment:
Vote.jpg
Vote.jpg [ 30.01 KiB | Viewed 4416 times ]

Fishos first, Greens last.
Exctract from Shooters and Fishers blog

"I certainly hope all the fishos up and down the coast, who have maintained they don’t want to get “political” about their recreation, have noticed what their future is under a re-elected Labor Government, with the Greenies holding their goolies.

In case they didn’t notice, that bastion of Greenery Bob Brown blandly announced last week that if he gets control of the Senate, 30 per cent of the states waters will be locked up in marine parks.

And where do the fishos think those parks will be – of course – they will be in all the favourite fishing places where mums and dads have for years taken their kids on annual holidays to catch a fish – you can bet on it – that is their agenda

And guess what – 30 per cent is just their starting point – Greens don’t negotiate downwards, so expect that to turn into 50 per cent real quick.

Fisho’s need to do what we shooters did some time ago – get organised – get motivated and get “political”

They have the chance this election to vote Shooters and Fishers and put their own guy in the Parliament – but if they can’t vote Shooters and Fishers – for pity’s sake, however they vote, they must put the Greens LAST.

In old political terminology for Fishers, IT’S TIME to get POLITICAL – and make sure you vote to put your own defender of the recreation in Parliament – see what it has done for Shooters."

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 13:14 
Expert Member (SFD)

If you are voting Shooters and Fishers, you'll want to consider voting below the line. Unless, of course, you don't mind your preference vote going to a guy who thinks Jesus rode a dinosaur, and that taking censorship tips from North Korea and Iran is a good idea.

You can see the parties preferences (or for any other party) here: https://www.belowtheline.org.au/vic/group_h.html

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 15:05 
Fanatical Senior Member

And because the shooters will be knocked out early the vote might as well be directly for the libs.
The Shooters and fishers might be making a stand with marine Parks but remember they are a bunch of fruitloops when it comes to everything else.
Some of there policies from there website include the right to use firearms on all public land, I pointed out to Bob that public land included all parks and gardens as well as Bourke st. He said they weren't asking to shoot in parks, just national parks and state forests. the dumb fuck didn't even know what public land was. They also want 4x4 and horse access to all areas of all national parks, including reference areas.
They also want to be able to carry weapons for defense.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 16:56 
Fanatical Senior Member

they're all a bunch of fruitloops

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 17:14 
Fanatical Senior Member

Greg had you bothered to do any research, you would know that what you have said is downright moronic. There were a couple of issues brought to head was that hunters were being locked out of areas under various guises including the banning of logging. The proposal was simply to allow hunting to continue in these areas. Another proposal put forward was to allow recreational hunters to assist in the control of pest and feral animals in National Parks to protect native flora and fauna. A bunch of "dumb fucks" somehow picked up the line that Shooters Party wants guns on Bourke St because it was 'public' and ran with it. If you were familiar with zoning regulations, you would be aware that it is illegal to possess a loaded firearm or use a firearm in populated areas.

Quote:
They also want 4x4 and horse access to all areas of all national parks

The nerve of these people to expect us to actually be able to access 'public' land...

Quote:
They also want to be able to carry weapons for defense.

This is also categorically wrong and is an excellent example of anti gun spin. Contrary to what a select few would have us believe, "carry" and "own" are not synonymous. Currently unless you can prove that you have a 'genuine NEED' for a firearm, you will be denied a permit to own one. This policy aims to ensure that someone cannot be denied the right to own a firearm based on the feeling that they don't have sufficient 'need.' There is absolutely NO mention of slackening restrictions of prohibited persons, where and when a firearm can be carried, discharged, the manner in which it can be stored, etc.

I suggest you read through their policies Greg rather than just google press releases from various anti gun and green groups. I don't agree with some of their policies but IMO they would represent my interests in the senate far more than any other party.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 18:16 
Fanatical Senior Member

Claymore I did my research and shot them down in flames on spearoz.
This was the link to there policy page but they took it down because it made them look like real dicks.
http://www.shootersparty.org.au/index.p ... statement/.
Luckily I cut and pasted a lot of it on spearoz.
http://spearoz.org/index.php?topic=8748.0

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 18:52 
Fanatical Senior Member

I read and responded to some of your posts on Spearoz and strongly dispute that you 'shot them to flames.' The only thing you brought to the table is shooters are rednecks and murderers who want to be allowed to extend their reign of destruction to parks and Bourke st and that our current anti gun agenda is the only thing standing in the way... Its much easier to attack a person or parties character than actually discuss the merits of their policies, it's very hard to argue against bigotry and ignorance with logic and reason.

For those interested there is some worthwhile info including some responses from Rob of S&F towards the end of the thread.

Recreational fishos currently lack a voice in parliament, IMO S&F offer the only realistic opportunity to have our direct interests represented in the Senate and add some balance to the green, anti fishing agenda of lock outs and other restrictions. This has not been an issue in the past as fishing has never before been the subject of an ideology driven political attack on our rights. It would be very naive to think things will stay this way.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 19:15 
Fanatical Senior Member

A large part of the problem on Spearoz was most of the bogans there are too dumb to understand English, let alone take part in rational debate. They all wanted to argue without even reading what I was saying or what I was responding to from the shooters website.
Do you know what reference areas are in national parks, do you know that people go waliking in national parks to get away from the rednecks in the state forests. There website asked for shooting on all public land, they didn't ask for shooting in state forests and national parks.
Do you know how useless shooters are at feral control. It's what they do for sport so they don't shoot the females and manage them for next years shooting trip, they don't eradicate them.
Tell me about the shooters IR policy, there views on health, international trade, taxation, welfare or defence. I bet you can't and the reason is they don't have any.
Nigz why don't you tell me about their immigration policy (they actually do have one of those).

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 00:55 
Forum Member

Mate the greens are trying to save the fish and habitats!!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 08:57 
Fanatical Senior Member

fluidhigh wrote:

From what, and for who?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 09:01 
Fanatical Senior Member

Dispite all this ranting, raving, discussion, politics and actual gun laws, three people where gunned down in Melbourne streets yesterday. What difference does it make!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 09:32 
Fanatical Senior Member

P.Diddy wrote:
Dispite all this ranting, raving, discussion, politics and actual gun laws, three people where gunned down in Melbourne streets yesterday. What difference does it make!

Have a look at the number of shootings per head in Australia and compare it to the US where they have virtually no restrictions in comparison to our regulations. Sure some criminals can still get guns but it means that it's harder for them and they pay a lot more for them.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 10:24 
Forum Member

Brett Illingworth wrote:
fluidhigh wrote:

From what, and for who?

From overfishing, over pollution, damage to marine habitats... etc. For our future generations, when I was a kid you would get a bucket of fish of most piers around this side of port Philip bay, now your bloody lucky if you get a bight sometimes!!

I still want to be able to spearfish, but if it means there are more protected areas, and they cut down on some of the commercial fishing and it will help replenish fish stocks I'm all for it.. At least then future generations can enjoy what we have been able to enjoy : )..

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 10:32 
Fanatical Senior Member

Fluidhigh come and have a look at my local marine reserve at the Jawbone in Willi. There is exactly the same critters in the reserve as outside it and in the nearly the same numbers. I actually think there is less abalone in the reserve than outside it due to poaching pressure. It being there makes no difference at all in fish numbers. There is still the same number of hooks in the water and fish don't know the park boundaries.
I don't have a problem with marine reserves, the bubblies should be allowed to have somewhere to go and watch fish but locking up 30% of the coast with no clear goals is just being silly.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 11:10 
Expert Member (SFD)

Greg wrote:
Fluidhigh come and have a look at my local marine reserve at the Jawbone in Willi. There is exactly the same critters in the reserve as outside it and in the nearly the same numbers. I actually think there is less abalone in the reserve than outside it due to poaching pressure. It being there makes no difference at all in fish numbers. There is still the same number of hooks in the water and fish don't know the park boundaries.
I don't have a problem with marine reserves, the bubblies should be allowed to have somewhere to go and watch fish but locking up 30% of the coast with no clear goals is just being silly.

Exactly! Ive had some dives in MP areas ( and recently too) did I notice a difference in fish life or any critters otherwise? Nope! There is no F*cking difference, they are nothing but a lockout. Queenscliff is a good example of this, have a drift from one side to the other into the park, its all the same. Your just as likely to see the same fish either side of the park. Listening to the crap the vnpa was spinning on RRR the other day really pissed me off, Stating fishermen fish right on to the edge of Mp zone to get the most of this "over flow effect", What crap! Yeah, you do see boats anchored right up for MP's but thats because they have put the F*cken parks right where there favorite spots are, their just trying to fish close to where they used to.
Ive had a good look in a few MP's now like Ailey's, Pt danger, Addis and from what I saw they were no different from the days when I first started diving these area's. Where is the evidence that fish life is "booming" from these parks? Are there greenies out there counting every Cray, Ab and fish? The only time we have ever "thought" we noticed a difference was when we dived an area around cheviot hill after it was rezoned. We pulled some monster Crays there but fish life was no different to any other part of the BB's. It was just a good day, could have been the same anywhere else.

I'm not completely against the parks, some area's should be protected, but they need better planning and consultation with people that use these area's. I like there idea of seasonal closure or semi-permanent parks, ones that open back up after certain time period. As for who to vote for I still have no idea....Greens are on the shit end of the list.